We take safeguarding online privacy seriously. Please read the whole of our Privacy Notice carefully as it sets out what information we may collect from you, how we may use it, and your rights in respect of our use and the key details of our Privacy Notice.
From time to time, we may need to change our Privacy Notice because of changes in our organisation, legislation or in our attempts to serve your needs better. We will use reasonable efforts to publish any changes to our Privacy Notice.
An Taigh Cèilidh CIC is responsible for collecting, processing, storing and safe-keeping personal and other information as part of providing a service and carrying out our regular business activities. We manage personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
Any questions regarding our processing of personal data should be directed to us via email@example.com
LANGUAGE OF TERMS
Although Gaelic is an official language in Scotland (per the Gaelic Language (Scotland) Act 2005), it is not recognised as a judicial language of Scots Law. Should there therefore be any discrepancy between the English and Gaelic Terms of Sale, it will be the English Terms of Sale that will be taken into consideration by the Court of Scotland in any legal action.
Our Privacy Notice governs any kind of processing where we are acting as a Data Controller or Co-controller (including collection, use, transfer, storage and deletion) of personally identifiable information (any information that may be used to identify a physical person, and any other information associated therewith) about natural persons. This Notice applies to our processing of data collected through any means, actively as well as passively, from persons located anywhere in the world.
We are guided by the following principles when processing data:
- We will only collect data for specific and specified purposes, we will make it clear at the point when we request your information, what we are collecting it for and how we are going to use it.
- We will not collect data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes, we will minimise the amount of information we collect from you to what we need to deliver the services required.
- We will collect and use your personal information only if we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as contacting you regarding your order, or where you have opted join our mailing list we will send you our newsletter and/or relevant offers.
- We will not use your data for purposes other than those for which it was collected, accepted as stated within our Privacy Notice, or with your prior consent.
- We will seek to verify and/or update your data periodically, and we will accept requests from you for amendment of the data held.
- We will apply high technical standards to make our processing of data secure.
- We will not pass your data onto any third parties, except where we have explicitly requested for permission to do so and you have given us that permission.
- Except otherwise stated, we will not store data in identifiable form longer than is necessary to accomplish its purpose or as required by law.
The information we may collect about you could include, but is not limited to:
If we were to obtain any special category data from you, we will always request for your consent to do so.
We will collect information from you in the following instances:
- You sign up to our newsletter or mailing list
- You join a course or programme
- You contact us for information through our website or social media channels, or by phone or email
- You post on our social media channels, website, or blog
- You work with us in a commercial capacity
- You place an online order with us
We may use the information collected to:
- Allow you to process an order for a product
- Create a profile for our site
- Send you our newsletters or provide with information, products or services that you request from us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- Allow you to participate in the service you have chosen to participate in
- Notify you about changes to our services or policies
If you provide us with your email address it will be stored, along with your first name and surname via Wix. Wix have their own policies regarding privacy and the protection of your data. You can find out more here: https://www.wix.com/about/privacy
We will never sell or share your personal information with third parties.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides that processing of your data shall only be lawful if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
- For the performance of a contract
- For compliance with a legal obligation which we must perform
- To protect vital interests of your or another person
- It is in the public interest
- It is in the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party
We collect data for the purposes set out above. Data is managed to ensure that it is either erased from our system when it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected, retained for legal reasons, or minimised and retained.
In all instances where special category data is collected, we will obtain your express consent.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
We will make it as easy as we can for you to opt out of unwanted processing, providing it does not restrict our ability to provide you with the primary service you have requested.
Please note if you wish to unsubscribe from any marketing emails that you have signed up for, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or clicking onto the unsubscribe link on the marketing email that was sent to you. It may take 24 hours for this to become effective.
WEBSITE ANALYTICS & TARGETED MARKETING
We use website analytics to provide the best user experience and service to you and to evaluate and improve our site. We utilise third party data analytics service providers Google Analytics and Wix to improve our visibility and to monitor website browser behaviour and navigation across our site.
These third party data analytics service providers collect this information on our behalf in accordance with our instructions and in line with their own privacy policies. Our service providers may collect the following data about the way you use our site, which will almost always be anonymised and aggregated before reporting back to us:
- Number of visitors to our site
- Pages visited whilst using the site and time spent per page
- Page interaction information, such as scrolling, clicks, and browsing methods
- Source location and details about where users go when they leave the site
- Page response times and any download errors
- Other technical information relating to end user device, such as IP address or browser plug-in
We may occasionally use the information collected about you to present you with targeted advertisements using platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Instagram.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE & FUTURE PROCESSING
We do not intend to process your personal information except for the reasons outlined within this Privacy Notice. If we change any of the terms within our Privacy Notice, we will amend the Privacy Notice on our website, and, if necessary,contact you about the changes.
PRIVACY NOTICE DETAILS
Our Privacy Notice and the practices outlined within it will be reviewed annually in preparation for An Taigh Cèilidh CIC’s Annual General Meeting, which is held in January of each calendar year. If there are changes to the Privacy Notice,they will be approved by the Board of Directors at the Annual General Meeting, at which point they will take immediate effect, and the Privacy Notice on our website will be updated.
If you are concerned about how we are collecting, using and/or sharing your personal information, you can contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing email@example.com